Monday, July 09, 2018

This Hope Is a Strong And Trustworthy Anchor For Our Souls.


This Hope
Is a Strong
And Trustworthy Anchor For Our Souls.
Scripture
Hebrews 6
18 So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 
19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. 
20 Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.
Observation
Hebrews 6 shares with us one thing that is impossible for God to do: It is impossible for God to lie!
God is our refuge! We can go to Him with great confidence. We can hold on to the hope that lies before us.
Why can be be so confident?
Because our God has given us thousands of promises in His Word and every single promise will come true - because He says so - and it is impossible for Him to lie!
Everyday, as soon as I wake up, I go to His Word and everyday my God provides promises for me to hold on to that get me through the day. If you and I are not reading God's Word everyday we will be weak and the least little thing will get us off track and will cause us to drift away from God.
I have learned that my little anchor that I have for my 14' fishing kayak is not big enough to keep me securely anchored in one place; if there is too much wind or if the current is too strong I will quickly drift either out into the Gulf or way down the beach!
So when I am out in the Gulf of Mexico I always keep my eyes out for approaching storms. I have zero confidence in my little kayak anchor (or my kayak) during a storm, but I do have a strong and trustworthy anchor for my soul … do you?
And on a side note, we are back home from a very good week at the beach and “Walter” the giant fish eluded me again ... so he is still out there … maybe next year!
Application
I will hold on to all of God's promises as I face the uncertainities of the week ahead! How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me an anchor for my soul. I have confidence in You. You give me hope. Everyday I am reminded just how much You love me by all of Your promises in Your Word. Don't ever let me stop reading the Bible. Don't let me miss a day! Thank You for answering my prayers. Thank You for being with me 24/7! When I woke up this morning You were on my mind.
I pray for the sick. I pray for healing. I pray for those who are mourning the loss of a loved one. Give them strength. Comfort them Lord. Show Your compassion on them. May they sense Your love and Your presence and Your Power today.
Daily Bible Reading: Micah 1,2,3,4; Hebrews 6



No comments: