Friday, July 27, 2018

As Iron Sharpens Iron, So A Friend Sharpens A Friend.


As Iron Sharpens
Iron,
So A Friend Sharpens A Friend.
Scripture
Proverbs 27
17 As iron sharpens iron,
    so a friend sharpens a friend.

Observation
I count it as an awesome privilege to have you as a friend.
Yesterday, Kathy and I were overwhelmed knowing that so many of you were praying for us as I went in for a heart Cath.
Here is the good-news/bad-news - The doctor didn't find any blockage (which of course is the good news) or anything that he could fix, (which for me that is bad) because I was hoping and praying for an end to the chest pain.
But on a positive note, there was very good news yesterday about my heart doctor's wife, Kathleen Smith. They will be traveling soon to Cleveland for treatment, where a doctor there has successfully treated patients with her same health issues. Many of you prayed for her yesterday!
And plus, yesterday, while we were at the hospital we talked to two nurses who were looking for a new church home, so the day was far from a complete wipe out! God is good. All the time!
And today is a brand new day!
What friend of yours needs to hear from you?
Who can I encourage today?
What friendship of ours needs to be strengthened?
Who do you know that is going through a rough time that needs to hear your voice.
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend!
Application
I will think of who needs to be encouraged today and I will reach out to them. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for every person that You have brought into our lives. Kathy and I are rich with friends. Bless them Lord. I pray today for those who are struggling and feeling all alone today. Bring people into his or her life to encourage them. Help me to be a good friend to those You bring across my path. Help me to love them with Your agape love.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 50,51,52; Psalms 92; 2 Peter 1; I added: Proverbs 27
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: