Thursday, July 26, 2018

Give All Your Worries And Cares To God, For He Cares About You.


Give All
Your Worries And Cares To God,
For He Cares About You.
Scripture
1 Peter 5:7
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Observation
Almost everyday you and I face situations that give us good reason for concern.
By the time this blog catches your attention I will have probably already gone under a light sedation for my 7th heart Cath.
Yes, I am scheduled for a 9 am heart Cath, Thursday, July 26th.
If I don't need any stents and if everything checks out okay then I will go home Thursday afternoon.
Boy, you would think that after doing something so many times that there would be less concern on my part, and less concern on Kathy's part, but it doesn't work that way!
I mention it to you now and I ask that you pray for us because to not mention it and not ask you to pray … would be prideful, and would be just plain wrong of me. We are family!
But to be honest the temptation not to mention it is something that I struggle with because I don't want what I write and share with you to be focused or draw attention in any way on me. But today I am having to make an exception so I can have you pray for us!
By the way, I am actually praying that my doctor will find some blockage that he can fix with a stent or two. Because if he doesn't find anything to fix then I am left with unresolved chest pain that I will just have to continue to live with!
So 1 Peter 5:7 is for me, but it is also for you too! I am not worried about the procedure … because I serve a God who cares about me. My life is in His hands!
Here are some other verses that I will be going over in my head between now and cath time:
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 55:22
Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
2 Thessalonians 3:1
Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we ask you to pray for us. ...
Application

I will pray for my cardiologist Dr. James Smith and for his wife Kathleen. Kathleen has been very sick. I will hold on to all of these promises of scripture as I face this procedure.

How about you? Will you please pray with me for Kathleen Smith?


Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know all about the inner workings of my body. You know what is working okay and what is not. Give my doctor wisdom as he does this heart cath. Guide his hands. Don't let him make any mistakes. I pray that he is able to find something that he can fix and then give him the ability to fix it. I pray for anyone else who is facing a health issue. Help them to put their trust in You. Show them that You can heal them. Show them that they can call on You. Answer their prayers Lord. Heal their bodies!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 46,47,48,49; 1 Peter 5

No comments: