Tuesday, July 31, 2018

“Many Women Are Good Wives, But You Are The Best Of Them All.”


Many Women Are Good Wives,
But
You Are The Best Of Them All.”
Scripture
Proverbs 31
29 … Many women are good wives, but you are the best of them all.”
Observation
I like to write love notes to Kathy and put them all over the house … if you walk into our kitchen you will see some of them.
I admit that I am a slow learner but this one thing I have learned, Kathy loves to receive words of affirmation! It is definitely her love language!
I read yesterday that a pastor who I have always admired has had to resign from his church because of allegations of sexual misconduct. It seems that from what I have read that the allegations were just that … they were allegations of misconduct, nothing proven, just allegations.
But this pastor whether he was guilty or not allowed himself to be in situations with women where he could be accused of doing what they said he did. Whether guilty or not, he ignored intentionally or unintentionally the guardrails or boundaries that we as men must have in place!
So what does what I just shared have to do with leaving love notes around the house for Kathy to find?
Glad you asked! Here it is: The grass is not any greener on the other side of the fence. You and I need to take care of what we already have.
If you want your woman to be a Proverbs 31 woman then treat her like the gift of God that she is … don't go out looking for greener grass!
God has given me a Proverbs 31 woman. God brought her into my life almost 50 years ago and she is the “best of them all”!
Application
Just as soon as I finish this blog I am going to write Kathy this on a “post it” note and put it where she can't miss it, “Many women are good wives, but you are the best of them all.”
How about you? What do you need to do to let your spouse know how much you love them?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that if we are not careful that we will take our spouse for granted. Help me not to do that! Show me ways that I can express my love to my wife so that she feels loved and appreciated. Don't let me start thinking about grass that belongs to someone else. Help me to take care of who You have given me.
I pray for those who have been deceived into thinking that being with someone else would be better than being with their spouse. Help them. Give them the wisdom, the courage, and the strength to work on their marriage – to make it great!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 63,64; Psalms 107; John 2; I added: Psalm 31, Psalm 131; Proverbs 31



No comments: