Sunday, July 01, 2018

He Saved Us, Not Because Of The Righteous Things We Had Done, But Because Of His Mercy …


He Saved Us,
Not Because Of The Righteous Things We Had Done,
But Because Of His Mercy …
Scripture
Titus 3
5 He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.  6 He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.
Observation
If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, then I am sure that just like me you are amazed, humbled and overwhelmed with emotion when we think about having the opportunity and privilege of knowing Jesus personally as Lord and Savior. And if you don't understand, if you don't get what I just said then it is probably because you don't yet have a personal relationship with Jesus. 
Too many people still think that if they are good enough in this life then they are going to get into Heaven. Maybe you are one of them! 
If you and I could be good enough to get into Heaven then Jesus Christ would not have had to die on the cross for us. He died in our place on the cross as the Perfect Sacrifice for our sins, exchanging His sinless life for our sinful life.
Sadly, I believe that churches are full of people who think that they are good enough to get into Heaven! Even though they hear the Good News that Jesus died for them, they still have never surrendered their lives to Him as Lord and Savior.
When you are in the worship service this morning at your church, before you do anything else, stop and pray, and ask our Heavenly Father to open up the hearts of those around you so that they can place their faith and trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Application
I will pray for the people surrounding me today as I go to visit their church and I will pray that God opens up their heart and opens up my heart to what the pastor has to say! How about you? Do you know Him?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the opportunity of being one of Your children. I am overwhelmed at the privilege of knowing You personally. I don't know why I have this privilege and others don't. I pray for any person that may read this blog today. Open up their heart. Speak to them and help them to trust You completely with every area of their life.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 1,2,3; Titus 3



No comments: