Saturday, June 30, 2018

We Are Instructed To Turn From Godless Living And Sinful Pleasures.


We Are Instructed
To Turn From Godless Living
And Sinful Pleasures.
Scripture
Titus 2
12 And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, 
13 while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. 
14 He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.
Observation
After doing a quick search here are some of the synonyms I found for the word “pleasure” ... they are: happiness, delight, joy, gladness, satisfaction, gratification, contentment, enjoyment, and amusement.
And that is why it is so hard to stay away from sin … because it is all of those things … but only for a moment! It is a moment of pleasure.
Kathy and I are getting ready to go to the beach with most of our family and extended family. When we go out there I always try to catch “Walter”. Kathy gave “Walter” his name and I have been trying to catch him for years. I go out into the Gulf of Mexico to fish for him in my kayak!
When our family says, “Walter” what we mean by that is a great big, gigantic fish like in the movie or the book called “Old Man And The Sea”, written by Ernest Hemingway. If you never saw the movie or read the book then you will just have to take my word for it … it was a very huge fish!
My plan is simple: What I plan to do to be able to catch “Walter” is I plan to entice him with a bait that he cannot resist! Now with my enticing bait I always catch a lot of other smaller fish – because they can't resist what I throw at them! So one day I am going to hook “Walter”, and maybe it will be this year!
My friend, you and I are being enticed every single day to sin. We know sin's pleasure. It is tempting. And if we take the bait, Satan will have us hooked.
Sin will always take us further than we wanted to go. Sin will always keep us longer than we wanted to stay. Sin will always cost us more than we intended to pay.”
Lets wise up and lets stay away from whatever is enticing us!
Application

I will be on guard and I will be on the look out for Satan's schemes. I will say no when I am enticed to sin. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, Satan is a lot more successful at enticing us to sin than I am at catching my giant fish. Help us to be wise. Show the men in my family and in our church how important it is to stay away from sin and how important it is to live godly lives. Give us strength to say “no” to the temptations that come our way every single day. Help us to honor You by the way we live our lives. Help me to rely on Your faithfulness today. I pray for wisdom for myself and for any person that may be reading this blog today. Help us to be wise!
Daily Bible Reading: Amos 7,8,9; Psalms 104; Titus 2



No comments: