Thursday, June 21, 2018

Those Who Are With Us Are More Than Those Who Are With Them


Those Who Are
With Us
Are More Than Those Who Are With Them
Scripture
2 Kings 6
15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.

16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
Observation
Do you ever feel out numbered? Do you ever feel overwhelmed?
The servant of Elisha felt that way when he saw the vast army surrounding them!
Life has a way of making us feel that way doesn't it?
Problems, opposition from all directions, sickness, a spouse that is badly misbehaving or being down right unfaithful, well maybe one or all of those fits your present situation, if so, if you are a follower of Christ, then I have some great news for you … those who are with us are more than those who are with them!
You + God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit = a majority! He is all we need! He can handle whatever we are going through!
Let's trust Him!
1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
Numbers 11:23
The Lord answered Moses, “Is the Lords arm too short? Now you will see whether or not what I say will come true for you.”
Jeremiah 33:3
Call to Me, and I will answer you. And I will show you great and wonderful things which you do not know.
Application
I will trust in the Lord and in His Word today with whatever comes my way. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, when I look at things from my perspective I get depressed and discouraged, but when I am able to see things from Your perspective I am always impressed and I am greatly encouraged. Help me to see life from Your point of view and not from mine. Open up my eyes so that I can see that Your help is on the way! You've got this!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 6,7; 2 Chronicles 20; 1 Timothy 3



No comments: