Monday, June 25, 2018

For God Has Not Give Us A Spirit Of Fear And Timidity, But Of Power, Love, And Self-discipline.


For God
Has Not Give Us A Spirit Of Fear And Timidity,
But Of Power, Love, And Self-discipline.
Scripture
2 Timothy 1
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Observation

Yes you can, yes you can, yes you can … what in the world are you afraid of … what keeps you defeated … what are you struggling with right now … what has got you down in the dumps?
Yes, you and I can have victory! We do not need to be afraid. We do not need to live a life of defeat, not if we are followers of Jesus Christ.
God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
I love the promise found in Romans 8:11 that says, “The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you.”
So lets not make excuses, lets not blame somebody else, lets not have a pity party, … lets boldly hold on to all of God's promises and lets let God's Holy Spirit rule in our hearts and in our lives.
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.” Hebrews 4:16
Philippians 4:13
13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Psalm 118:6
The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?
Psalm 34:4
I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.
Isaiah 59:1
Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear.
Application
I will go through this day confidently trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ and I will not be afraid. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for letting me read 2 Timothy 1:7 this morning and all of the other verses I found about trusting You and not being afraid. You are on my side. You have my back. I know that You are taking care of me and don't let me forget that as I go through this day. I pray for any one that may read this blog. Give them boldness. Give them courage. Help them to trust in You with all of their heart and help me to do the same! You are worthy of all praise!
Daily Bible Reading: Joel 1,2,3; 2 Timothy 1



No comments: