Thursday, June 14, 2018

Don't Worry About Anything


Don't
Worry
About Anything;
Scripture
Philippians 4
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. 
7 If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.

Observation
This is not a suggestion! 
The Apostle Paul is echoing what Jesus also told us in Matthew 6. Jesus said, That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life” … then He said, Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?”... and finally one more time, “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.”
 In fact , Jesus used the word “worry” “worries” or “worrying”at least 6 times in that chapter to drive home the fact that you and I, as followers of Jesus Christ are not supposed to waste our time “worrying”! 
So instead of worrying about everything what are we supposed to do, “we are to pray about everything”! 
Time worrying is time wasted … time praying is time invested! 
You and I cannot worry and pray at the same time – we are going to do one or the other. So lets take our problems to the Lord in prayer and leave them with Him. 
And every time we start to worry about them again that is the moment that we need to pray again and give them back to the Lord yes, once again. 
If you and I have to do that a thousand times today then that means we get to spend a lot of time in prayer.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Never stop praying.

James 5:13
13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise.
16 b … The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Application
I will think about Philippians 4:6-7 all day today. How about you? Will you waste your time worrying today or will you invest your time praying?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to talk to You about everything that comes into my heart and mind. Don't let me worry about anything. But remind me to pray about everything. I want to experience Your peace in my life today. Thank You for how You answer my prayers. Thank You for being so good to me. I don't deserve it.
I pray for anyone that may read this blog today. Help them to take everything to You in prayer. Show them that worrying about their problems only makes things worse. Help them to pray about everything!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 15; 2 Chronicles 13,14; Philippians 4



No comments: