Monday, June 18, 2018

Let Your Conversation Be Gracious And Attractive So That You Will Have The Right Response For Everyone.


Let Your Conversation
Be Gracious And Attractive So That You
Will Have The Right Response For Everyone.
Scripture
Colossians 4
5 Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. 
6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.
Observation
It's so important how we talk! What we say and how we say what we say speaks volumes about what is inside of our heart!!
My mouth can get me into a lot of trouble!
I don't know about your mouth but mine can be pretty ugly and pretty destructive sometimes.
And Kathy is the one that catches most of my mouth's abuse. She is the one I love the most and she is the one that I can stab the deepest and hurt the most with my words!
Memorizing Proverbs 12:18 was a big help to me and maybe it will help you too if you memorize it, “Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing” NCV .
Why don't you write it out and put it on your car's dashboard, the refrigerator, or even on a mirror in your house!
That way … when your spouse says something cutting, hurtful or cruel, and you both have this verse memorized, all you have to say to him or her is, “Proverbs 12:18” and let conviction kick in!
Lets all learn to say this often, “I love you”, “I am sorry”, “Will you forgive me”!
Ephesians 4:32
32 Be kind and loving to each other, and forgive each other just as God forgave you in Christ.
Colossians 3
12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Proverbs 11:17
Your kindness will reward you, but your cruelty will destroy you.
Application
I will be careful how I talk this week. How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” Psalm 19:14 … And help me to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James 1:19
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18,19; Colossians 4



No comments: