Saturday, June 09, 2018

Imitate God, Therefore, In Everything You Do, Because You Are His Dear Children.


Imitate God,
Therefore, In Everything You Do,
Because You Are His Dear Children.
Scripture
Ephesians 5
1 Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.
2 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.
25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her
Observation
Children imitate us ... don't they – they imitate both the good and the bad that they see us do!
If you say just one word that you would not want them to say, they will latch on to it, and immediately start using it – words like darn, stupid, idiot, or maybe even words a lot worse than that … you know them all … and when they come out of our mouths our kids start using them too!
The Apostle Paul tells us to imitate God in everything we do – not just one day of the week, but 24/7, and in everything we do not just in some things!
Our example to follow, the Person we are to imitate, is Jesus Christ.
And Ephesians 5 also tells me exactly how I am to love my wife. I am to love Kathy just as Christ loved the church – He gave up his life for her!
So if I am to imitate my Heavenly Father in everything I do ... then here is the question, “What do I need to stop doing and what do I need to start doing?
And if I am a real man of God then I will love my wife sacrificially just as Christ loved his church.
I will change to please her rather than expecting Kathy to change to please me, because God's love is a self-less love!
Real men love their wives unconditionally!
Application
It is my desire to live a godly life. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know how selfish I can be. And I know that You have called me to imitate you and put people and their needs above my own. Help me to do that today. Help me to love Kathy the way that You want me to love her, with Your Agape – self-less - sacrificial love. I pray for her right now. Meet the needs of her life that only You can meet and help me to meet the needs of her life that only me as her husband can meet.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Help them to imitate You. And show all of us what we need to stop doing and what we need to start doing to be pleasing to You.
Daily Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 10,11,12; Psalms 94; Ephesians 5



No comments: