Sunday, June 17, 2018

Whatever You Say Or Do, Do It As A Representative Of The Lord Jesus


Whatever You Say Or Do,
Do It As A Representative
Of The Lord Jesus
Scripture
Colossians 3
17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
Observation
Whatever you say or do … that pretty much includes everything doesn't it?
We represent the Lord Jesus Christ 24/7 so that means that there should be some things that you and I decide not to do anymore and it should also mean that our vocabulary drops all of those 4 letter words that may have rolled off our tongues before we became followers of Christ.
The Apostle Paul says to us in Colossians 3:7-8, “You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language.”
I am definitely not the Holy Spirit, but if you are doing something that you know is not pleasing to the Lord or talking in a way that is not pleasing to the Lord … don't keep it up!
There was a day, way back when Kathy and I were first married that I chewed 2 packs of Red Man chewing tobacco a day! I don't remember anyone saying anything to me about this “fine” habit, but God's Holy Spirit let me know that this was one habit that I needed to let go.
Now I look back on it and I wonder what was so good about that habit in the first place!
If you and I are still doing the same things we did before coming to Christ, if we are still talking, using the same kind of language we did before we gave our lives to Christ, then how can people see any difference in us?
What needs to change? How can I be a better representative of the Lord Jesus?
Application
I will ask the Lord what needs to change in my life to make me a better representative for Him. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You know that I am far from perfect. Show me everything in my life that You want me to change. Bring conviction in my life about what I should do or what I should stop doing and show me how I can make what I say and how I say what I say more attractive to the people around me. I want to be a good representative for You.
I pray for my wife Kathy today on her birthday! I am so thankful for You bringing her into my life. Bless her today! Fill her with Your joy! May Your face shine brightly on her today!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 20,21; 2 Chronicles 17; Colossians 3



No comments: