Wednesday, June 27, 2018

He Did What Was Right In The Eyes Of The Lord, But Not Wholeheartedly.


He Did
What Was Right In The Eyes Of The Lord,
But Not Wholeheartedly.
Scripture
2 Chronicles 25
2 He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, but not wholeheartedly.
2 Timothy 3
5 … having a form of godliness but denying its power ...
Observation

Going through the motions, trying to keep one foot in the world and one foot where it is supposed to be, straddling the fence, having a form of godliness, doing things halfheartedly, … do any of those phrases describe who we are?
It described King Amaziah, the king of Judah, but does it also describe us?

You and I can fool people when we are out in public, but God knows what we are doing in private.

On a regular basis, and way too often, I hear of Christians who are living out double lives, the life that most people see on Sunday around other believers, and then the life that is being lived out in secret, or “supposedly” we think in secret.

You and I can count on this: God is going to make sure that our secret sinful life eventually gets exposed.

God's desire for each and every one of us is for us to repent daily of our sins and follow Him wholeheartedly, not just having a form of godliness, but really living a godly life 24/7.

What needs to change?
Numbers 32:23
But if you fail to keep your word, then you will have sinned against the Lord, and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.
Psalm 44:21
21 would not God have discovered it,
    since he knows the secrets of the heart?
Matthew 3:8
Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.
1 Corinthians 5:1
I can hardly believe the report about the sexual immorality going on among you—something that even pagans don’t do. 
1 Corinthians 6:18
Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
Application
I will be accountable and honest with my accountability group and I will let them help me stay on the right path for my life.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know You know. I know that You know all about me. You know what I am going to do even before I do it. Help me to live a godly life. Help me walk close to You today and every day. Don't let me even try to have or keep secret sins. Help me to confess them as I commit them. Discipline me when I get out of line. I want to be a man of integrity. I want to be a person who makes You smile, I always want to be a person who follows You with all of his heart!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 13,14; 2 Chronicles 25; 2 Timothy 3



No comments: