Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Teach Me Your Way, Lord, That I May Rely On Your Faithfulness


Teach Me Your Way, Lord,
That
I May Rely On Your Faithfulness
Scripture
Psalm 86
11 Teach me your way, Lord,
    that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
    that I may fear your name.

12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
    I will glorify your name forever.

13 For great is your love toward me;
    you have delivered me from the depths,
    from the realm of the dead.

Observation
Last week, my brother Rick, asked me to memorize Psalm 86:11-13 together with him! I am glad that he didn't tell me to get it done in a week!
The best way I know to get it into my heart is to use it so I thought that I would do that this morning.
Looking at verse 11, “Teach me Your way, Lord …” the best way I know to learn from the Lord is to be in His Word everyday. How can you and I learn from the Lord if we are not spending time with Him in His Word.
I am concerned that we Christians are spending way too much time looking at social media, while we hardly spend any time at all in God's Word.
The second part of verse 11 speaks to our busy and distracted lives when it says, “give me an undivided heart”.
Honestly ... do we really need social media on everything … our tablet, computer, and phone? It is so addicting … so time consuming … isn't it!
We are on kids about all the time they spend on video games … what about us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter?
Why not make a commitment to the Lord to spend time with Him in His Word everyday.
Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
Application
I will spend time in God's Word every day. How about you?
Prayer

Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead. Psalm 86:11-13 personalized
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 4,5; Psalms 83; 1 Timothy 2; I added Psalm 20, Psalm 50, Psalm 86; Proverbs 20



No comments: