Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sensible People Control Their Temper; They Earn Respect By Overlooking Wrongs.


Sensible People
Control Their Temper;
They Earn Respect By Overlooking Wrongs.
Scripture
Proverbs 19
11 Sensible people control their temper;
    they earn respect by overlooking wrongs.
Observation
Overlooking wrongs is not easy is it?
Entire families have been destroyed by family members refusing to overlook a wrong by another family member.
We might laugh when we talk about feuding of the Hatfields and the McCoys, but when it is our own family there is nothing funny about it at all, only tears, heartbreak, and pain.
I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me? These three phrases are not just for married couples, but they are for all of us in all of our relationships!
Why is it so hard for us to overlook a wrong? Our enemy is not the person who has hurt us … you think it is but it is not … but we do have an enemy.
Satan is our enemy. He comes to kill, steal, and destroy. He is destroying families. How do you think that he does that? He sows discord between husband and wife, discord between brother and sister, discord between parent and child! He is an expert at wrecking families! Don't let him use you!
Love, God's love and being full of God's love is the only way you and I can overlook a wrong. Love must trump all wrongs!
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-5,7
So whether it was your fault, their fault, or a little of both remember this: You are the one that needs to say, “I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?”
It doesn't matter if you are right, and it doesn't matter if you are the one who has been wronged, it is your love for that person that needs to win out!
Let's not let Satan destroy our family!
Application
I will not let the enemy win out. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know how much pain I feel in my heart right now because of broken relationships. So many marriages that are in turmoil, so many families that are splintered, so many people who are mad at each other, you know it breaks my heart and I know that it breaks Your heart too.
I pray for all of them. Help them to see that our real enemy is not our spouse, not our brother or our sister, not the rebellious child, but that our real enemy is Satan. Open up the eyes of every person reading this blog today. Help them to see that Your love for people trumps every wrong. Fill them with Your love so that they can humbly go and get things right with the person who has wronged them. Don't let Satan have the victory. Help them to say, “I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?”
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 1,2,3; Psalms 82; 1 Timothy 1 … I added Psalm 19, Psalm 39; Proverbs 19



No comments: