Sunday, June 03, 2018

I Pray That God, The Source Of Hope, Will Fill You Completely With Joy And Peace Because You Trust In Him.


I Pray That God,
The Source Of Hope, Will Fill You Completely
With Joy And Peace Because You Trust In Him.
Scripture
Romans 15
13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Observation
Amelie, our 4 year old granddaughter, loves SheiKra at Busch Gardens! No, you are right, she is not big enough to ride SheiKra, but what she loves is to stand at the bottom of the ride close to the tracks because she has learned that the ride will splash water all over her and over all of the other kids standing there waiting with anticipation, ready to get drenched!
If we are overflowing, drenched with confident hope because we are completely filled with joy and peace, what else do we really need!
The Apostle Paul is praying this prayer for the believers living in Rome and I think that it is a good prayer for me and you.
Fill us Lord with joy and peace so we splash all over everybody that gets close to us. God, the source of hope, is also the source of all joy and peace.
By the way, being filled with God's Holy Spirit is a daily process, we have to continually be filled … you might ask why ... it is because we leak. We are sinners and we continually need to filled and controlled by God's Holy Spirit.
We can't overflow and splash on folks when we are not filled.
I am praying that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him.
Application
I will ask the Lord to help me stay filled with His Holy Spirit so that I can experience Joy and Peace that come from Him.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, the source of hope, I pray that You will fill anyone reading this blog with Your joy and peace because they trust in You. So they will overflow with confident hope, through the power of Your Holy Spirit. I pray the same thing for myself.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 25,26,27; Romans 15



No comments: