Friday, June 08, 2018

A Wise Person Thinks A Lot About Death, While A Fool Thinks Only About Having A Good Time.


A Wise Person Thinks
A Lot About Death,
While A Fool Thinks Only About Having A Good Time.
Scripture
Ecclesiastes 7
4 A wise person thinks a lot about death,
    while a fool thinks only about having a good time.
Observation
So let me ask you, “Are you a wise person or are you a fool?” It was the sudden and unexpected death of my best friend, Wayne Baggett, killed in the Vietnam war that made me think, as a young man just out of high school, about death and about my relationship with God.
Remember this fact: Every person that has ever been born on planet Earth since Adam and Eve were first created, not one of them will ever cease to exist. Once born into existence we will exist forever either in a place called Heaven or a place called Hell.
If you are a wise person you will think a lot about death – where would you rather spend Eternity – Heaven or Hell?
When I was 19 years old, and I believe it was right after my best friend's tragic death, a man shared with me about God's plan for my life. He told me that God loved me so much that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to Earth to die in my place, to pay the penalty for my sins, so that I could live forever with Him.
This man shared with me that I had a choice to make. I could surrender my life to God and live for Him or I could live in my sin and spend the rest of eternity in a place of torment called Hell.
What the man shared with me came from the Word of God - the Bible and it made sense to me. I prayed and I asked Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior of my life. I have never regretted making that decision. One day Eddy Williams is going to die, but the moment I breathe my last breath here on planet Earth I begin living forever in a place called Heaven.
Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior?
A wise person thinks a lot about death – Are you wise or a you a fool?
Application
I will share with all the people that I can about God's love for them through Jesus Christ. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know that I think about death a lot. I live everyday with a physical damaged heart that reminds me everyday that life is short. Help me make the most of every day that I have breath here on planet Earth. Don't let me waste time on stuff that doesn't matter. I pray for anyone reading this blog. Help them to be wise. Don't let them be a fool.
Daily Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 7,8,9; Ephesians 4



No comments: