Friday, June 29, 2018

Bend Down, O Lord, And Hear My Prayer; Answer Me, For I Need Your Help.


Bend Down, O Lord, And Hear My Prayer;
Answer Me,
For I Need Your Help.
Scripture
Psalm 86
1 Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;
    answer me, for I need your help.
Observation
Psalm 86 is a prayer of King David. It is a prayer that was written down for you and for me. My brother Rick, asked me a couple of weeks ago to join him in memorizing Psalm 86:11-13. I did and I still have a copy of those verses in our car so that I can review them everyday.
When I first started using the S.O.A.P. (Scripture...Observation...Application...Prayer) method in my daily quiet time I will have to admit that it was awkward writing out a prayer everyday.
In fact, I used to be a little critical of people that would read a prayer that they had written out ahead of time, when they were asked to pray at a special event.
Spontaneity is a good thing but a well thought out prayer written to our Heavenly Father might be even better!
I googled and found out that someone says that there are 222 actual prayers in the Bible. I will take their word for it! I don't plan to try to count them myself. Just the prayers found in the book of Psalms can be great encouragement when you find yourself down and depressed or find yourself in big trouble!
When I need to be encouraged there are some go to Psalms that I know will lift me up and get me going again. In fact, you might have noticed that I read a Psalm or two almost everyday.
Did you know that God's Word has everything we need to live a godly life! But we have to be in God's Word everyday and we must be open and obedient to what God says in His Word, for it to make a difference in how we live!
Why not take time to write out a prayer to your Heavenly Father as you have your quiet time today!
Application
I will use Psalm 86 in my prayer and I will pray those scriptures back to God when I pray today. How about you? Will you take time to read God's Word? Will you take time to write out a prayer to Him?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, may this prayer of King David be my prayer to You this morning:
Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help. Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you. O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help. Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord; hear my urgent cry. I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble, and you will answer me.
I pray for all the young couples and even the not so young that desire to have a strong marriage. Help them to take time to read Your Word and apply it every day. Don't let them sleep good at night if they haven't spent time in Your Word! Don't let them neglect their time with You.
Daily Bible Reading: Amos 4,5,6; Psalms 86,87; Titus 1



No comments: