Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Anyone Who Serves The Lord Must Not Be Hard To Get Along With. Instead, They Must Be Kind To Everyone.


Anyone Who Serves The Lord
Must Not Be Hard To Get Along With.
Instead, They Must Be Kind To Everyone.
Scripture
2 Timothy 2:24
Anyone who serves the Lord must not be hard to get along with. Instead, they must be kind to everyone. They must be able to teach. The one who serves must not hold anything against anyone.
Observation

I don't know why this verse caught my eye today! Maybe it is because I need to put it into practice!

Are you sometimes hard to get along with? Are you kind to EVERYONE?

I don't know about you but I can be pretty hard to get along with sometimes. Just because I am old that doesn't give me the freedom to be grumpy or to be a grouch! The really hard part of this verse is that the Lord says that you and I need to be kind to “everyone”.

Yes, we are to be kind to the person who is on the phone trying to scam us, kind to the person that cuts us off when we are driving, and even kind to the person who is going 50 miles per hour in the left lane on the interstate and has 20 cars stacked up behind them and you are one of the twenty! And yes, kind to the person who gives us the finger for not driving as fast as they would like for us to go!

Lets look for a way to express a random act of kindness today to someone: someone who might be a little down, someone who needs a little help or just someone who could use a little encouragement! It might be a phone call, writing them a note and sending it via snail mail, a text, an email, an encouraging word to someone, maybe even mowing someone's lawn or repairing something for someone, taking them an entire meal or maybe a dessert!

Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
1 Corinthians 4:12-14
12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.
1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Ephesians 4:32
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Application
I will look for ways to be kind to the people that God bring across my path today. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it is easy to be mean and grumpy. It comes so natural for me. But to be kind and tenderhearted You know that requires a lot of work for me. Help me to be like You today. I want people to see Jesus in me. Help me to encourage people today. Remind me that life is not centered around me. Help me to keep my focus on other people rather than on myself.
Daily Bible Reading: Jonah 1,2,3,4; 2 Timothy 2



No comments: