Friday, June 15, 2018

Yet Even With The Severity Of His Disease He Did Not Seek The Lord's Help But Turned Only To His Physicians


Yet Even With The Severity Of His Disease
He Did Not Seek The Lord's Help
But Turned Only To His Physicians
Scripture
2 Chronicles 16
12 In the thirty-ninth year of his reign, Asa developed a serious foot disease. Yet even with the severity of his disease, he did not seek the Lord’s help but turned only to his physicians. 

13 So he died in the forty-first year of his reign. 

2 Chronicles 14
9 Once an Ethiopian  named Zerah attacked Judah with an army of 1,000,000 men and 300 chariots. They advanced to the town of Mareshah, 
10 so Asa deployed his armies for battle in the valley north of Mareshah.
11 Then Asa cried out to the Lord his God, “O Lord, no one but you can help the powerless against the mighty! Help us, O Lord our God, for we trust in you alone. It is in your name that we have come against this vast horde. O Lord, you are our God; do not let mere men prevail against you!”
Observation
There is a lesson in this story of King Asa for me and I think that there is a lesson here for you too!
2 Chronicles 16 is a sad commentary on a man that started out his life with great faith and confidence in his God, but he finished his life poorly!
King Asa watched God destroy a million man army that had come against him to wipe out the nation of Judah. King Asa prayed and asked God for help and right before King Asa's eyes God destroyed this enormous army, an army that greatly out numbered the army of Judah.
But then at the end of this king's life, even after seeing God do this mighty feat, King Asa didn't even bother to cry out to his God for help when he had a serious foot disease. So he died …
Our Heavenly Father wants us to trust Him to take care of everything going on in our lives, not just the big gigantic things, but everything!
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
James 5:14-16
14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.

15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.

16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
Application

I will talk to my Heavenly Father about everything big and small. How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to finish well. Don't let me mess up my life by trusting in everyone else and not You. Don't let me mess up my life. I want to finish well. Give me the wisdom and the common sense to call on You when I am in trouble. I know that these stories are in the Bible for me to learn from them. Help me learn from them so I don't miss out on what You have planned for my life. You are the Great Physician! Help me to always go to You first with my aches and pains before heading to the doctor's office to get their help!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 16; 2 Chronicles 15,16; Colossians 1



No comments: