Friday, June 22, 2018

Train Yourself To Be Godly. For Physical Training Is Of Some Value, But Godliness Has Value For All Things


Train Yourself To Be Godly.
For Physical Training Is Of Some Value,
But Godliness Has Value For All Things
Scripture
1 Timothy 4
7 … train yourself to be godly. 
8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

Observation
Spending time at the gym ... working out, taking time to run every day, keeping your body in good shape, eating right ...YES it is important ... but all of that is a waste of time if you are not training yourself to be a godly person at the same time!
God says, “Godliness is much better, because it promises benefits in this life and in the life to come.”
Do you remember the Bible character Enoch? “Enoch lived 365 years, walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him.” (Genesis 5:23-24)
A godly person is not someone who is perfect, but it is someone who has made the decision to put God first in his or her life. A godly person is a person who holds God in awe, he or she is a person who has a love for God, and someone who has a desire to walk in a close relationship with Him.
So here is the big question, “Does this describe me and you?
Is this a description of who we are?
Let's not quit our physical workouts, but lets bump it up it a notch by living our lives in a way that makes God smile!
How to start:
  1. Make a commitment to put God first in your life.
  2. Spend time with Him every day in His Word.
  3. Carve out time on Sunday to go to church where you can be challenged to grow in your faith and to also make some great friends who are also striving to live godly lives!
2 Peter 3:1
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.
Application
It is my desire to live a godly life. I want to live my life in a way that makes God smile. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live a godly life. I want to live in a close relationship with You. “Teach me your way, Lord that I may rely on your faithfulness. Give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead.” … (Psalm 86:11-13 personalized)
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 8,9; 2 Chronicles 21; 1 Timothy 4



No comments: