Sunday, June 24, 2018

So If You Have Enough Food And Clothing, Let Us Be Content.


So
If You Have Enough Food And Clothing,
Let Us Be Content.
Scripture
1 Timothy 6
6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 
7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 
8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
Observation
I am getting ready to head to Krispy Kreme to buy some doughnuts for our Bible study class. I will pass right by a Dunkin Doughnuts to get those “Hot” Krispy Kreme doughnuts that melt in your mouth! We Americans are so spoiled!
We are the richest people on the planet. We have so much and yet contentment eludes most of us!
We have to have the newest gadget that advertisers put in front of us!
Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth”! If we don't have the money to buy that new car, new house, new boat, then we should consider ourselves fortunate … because “real wealth” is godliness with contentment ... the more stuff we accumulate the less contented we tend to be!
Christians that live on the island of Cuba have very very little and yet they are some of the most contented people I have ever met … when Kathy and I served there as missionaries a doctor, pastor, and other professionals only made about $30 a month and the common worker makes about 8 or 9 dollars a month. Rice and beans and then beans and rice was the main menu! Meat for the majority of the people was a once a month splurge if possible.
Yet, they had food and clothes and they had the Lord and they had learned to be content!
Application
I will thank the Lord for being so good to me. How about you? Are you content?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, discontentment rises up inside of me when I focus on things and when I take my focus off of You. I want to live a godly life. I want to put You first in my life above everything else. I want to be content. Thank You for blessing me with so much. Don't let me complain. I know how good we have it here in our country. Help me to be content!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 11,12; 2 Chronicles 24; 1 Timothy 6



No comments: