Sunday, June 10, 2018

Take The Sword Of The Spirit, Which Is The Word Of God


Take The Sword
Of The Spirit,
Which Is The Word Of God
Scripture
Ephesians 6
10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 

12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 
14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness.15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.
17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Observation

Our Monday night small group that meets at our house has been going through a small group study on Spiritual Warfare in a video series by Tony Evans.
Last Monday Tony Evans covered how we can take up the sword of the Spirit, which is our only offensive weapon we have in this ongoing battle against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world!
I don't have time to share with you all that he said and you don't have time to listen, but let me share with you one take home about the Word of God, the Bible.
Your Bible and my Bible, they do not do us any good unless we open them up, read them, and the use what we have read to fight against Satan and his cronies.
Having a Bible on the coffee table, or in our bedroom, or even in our car won't do us any good if we don't read it and apply it. We have to take it, pick it up and read it and we have use it as a sword against Satan's attacks.
I am very worried about a married couple or a soon to be married couple when they tell me they have not made a habit of spending time in God's Word everyday. If that describes your marriage or your soon to be marriage then you are in a very precarious and dangerous situation -
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.” (1 Peter 5:8)
Married couples need to know that they are Satan's biggest enemy and his goal is to wreck our marriage and we desperately need the Word of God in our lives to fight him off.
Application
I will make sure that I am in God's Word everyday and I will use God's Word as a weapon against Satan and his evil schemes. How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know enough about spiritual warfare to know that I am toast without Your Word. Don't let me neglect being in Your Word. I don' want to go one day without reading what You want to tell me for that day. Protect my marriage against the attacks of Satan. Don't let me get complacent. Don't let me get lazy.
I pray for any one reading this blog today. Help them to take time to open up and read Your Word today. Bless them as they do. Encourage them through what they read today from the Bible.
Daily Bible Reading: Song 1,2,3,4; Ephesians 6



No comments: