Monday, June 04, 2018

In My Desperation I Prayed, And The Lord Listened; He Saved Me From All My Troubles.


In My Desperation
I Prayed,
And The Lord Listened; He Saved Me From All My Troubles.
Scripture
Psalm 34
4 I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
    He freed me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
    no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
6 In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
    he saved me from all my troubles.
7 For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
    he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
Observation
The Bible is full of examples of how important it is for us to cry out to our Heavenly Father each and every time we need help!
He never gets tired of hearing from us!
In fact, that is why we have breath. We exist because He wants a Father/child relationship with us.
And the book of Psalms happens to be one of my favorite books of the Bible because in almost every Psalm we hear David crying out to his Heavenly Father for help. He was a man passionately after God's own heart.
We were not designed to live on planet Earth on our own without God's help. What have you said to your Heavenly Father so far today?
It is Monday. Have we talked to Him about the week ahead? What problems are we trying to solve on our own? Why not take them to our Heavenly Father and roll them off on Him.
What fears dominate your thoughts this morning? Want relief from those fears? Then take them to the Lord in prayer and leave them there!
Application
I will take time to talk to my Heavenly Father about everything on my mind. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You say in Your word that You delight in every detail of my life. So there is nothing going on in my life that You are not interested in. In fact, I know that You guide and direct my life and that You already know what I will be facing this week even though I don't. You are Creator God and nothing is too hard for You to handle. So when I pray I know that You will listen. I know that You will answer me and You will free me from all my fears.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 28,29; Psalms 60; Romans 16; I added: Psalm 4, Psalm 34; Proverbs 4



No comments: