Friday, June 01, 2018

Don't Participate In The Darkness Of Wild Parties And Drunkenness, Or In Sexual Promiscuity And Immoral Living, Or In Quarreling And Jealousy.


Don't Participate In The Darkness Of
Wild Parties And Drunkenness, Or In Sexual Promiscuity
And Immoral Living, Or In Quarreling And Jealousy.
Scripture
Romans 13
13 Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy. 
14 Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.
Observation
God is exhorting us through Paul's words to live decent lives for all to see.
Why shouldn't we drink? Why shouldn't we participate in sexual promiscuity and immoral living?
Because you and I are called to live decent lives. We are called to live our lives in a way that people can see the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ in us!
Call it whatever you want to call it ... but drinking, sexual promiscuity and immoral living is just a way to indulge our evil desires. Nothing good is ever going to come out of a Christian living like an unbeliever, only hurt, pain, and destruction.
Why does the Apostle Paul have to give this warning to Christ followers?
It is because all of us are constantly tempted to indulge in our evil desires and Satan wants you to believe the lie that it is okay!
So instead of participating in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy, lets be followers of Christ from head to foot!
Lets give no opportunities to the flesh to have its fling.
Application
I will clothe myself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ and not yield to fleshly desires. How about you?
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have been a follower of Christ for a long time and yet there is always the temptation for me to yield to fleshly desires. I know that as long as I have breath I will always be tempted to sin. Help me to say “no” when I am tempted. Give me the strength to walk in a way that pleases You.
I pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Help them to flee sexual immorality and help them to run from the old life that constantly wants to pull all of us back into the darkness. Show anyone that may be reading this blog the importance of living for You from head to foot!
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 19,20,21; Romans 13



No comments: