Thursday, May 31, 2018

Don't Be Too Proud To Enjoy The Company Of Ordinary People. And Don't Think You Know It All!


Don't Be Too Proud
To Enjoy The Company Of Ordinary People.
And Don't Think You Know It All!
Scripture
Romans 12
14 Bless those who persecute you. Don’t curse them; pray that God will bless them. 
15 Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. 
16 Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!
Observation

The Apostle Paul had not yet been to Rome when he wrote Romans and yet he wrote like he knew exactly how the people were!

I guess that is because in every family, even a church family there are always people like Paul described in verse 16! There are always people who think that because of their education, or the family they came from, or their money, or their fame, etc. that think that they are better than other people.

Have you ever been around someone that thought that they knew everything? If you tell a story they always have one better … of course you have, and all of us have the tendency to do that … don't we?

You and I need to enjoy the company of ordinary people … because … we are ordinary!

The only thing special about us, the only thing extraordinary about us is … Jesus! And Jesus loves ordinary people! He loves them so much that He gave His life for them!

So let's live in harmony with each other. Let's not be too proud to enjoy the company of the ordinary people around us. And let's not think we know it all!

Application
I will put Romans 12:16 into practice today in my life. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to see the value and worth in every person that I talk to today. Help me to enjoy being with them. Don't ever let me think that I am better than someone else. Help me to be happy with those who are happy and weep with those who weep. Help me to be a good friend to those who You bring into my life.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 16,17,18; Romans 12



No comments: