Thursday, May 17, 2018

So We Keep On Praying For You


So
We Keep On
Praying For You
Scripture
2 Thessalonians 1
11 So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. 
Observation
Kathy was looking at some old journals the other day, journals that she had written when our children were a lot younger than they are now and she noticed that she was praying certain specific things for them and she said to me, “And I am still praying for these things to happen in their lives!”
And Kathy and I will both continue to keep on praying for children.
What is our biggest prayer request for our children and our grandchildren?
It is for them to love God with all of their heart and that they will be totally committed to Him. In other words, we are praying that God will have the Number One spot in their hearts!
Nothing is more important to Kathy and I, and nothing will bring us greater joy than when we see them putting God first and living a life worthy of His call!
Nothing is more important to Kathy and I than that … Nothing!
Application
I will keep on praying, asking my God to enable my kids and grandkids to live a life worthy of His call. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for my children and all of my wonderful grandchildren. You know my heart and You know Kathy's heart. You know that nothing will bring us greater joy that seeing our family walking in a close relationship with You. I am counting on You to work in their lives just like You did in my life and just like You did in Kathy's life. Kathy and I don't deserve the privilege of being Your children, but You saved us and You have changed our lives forever. Do the same thing for our children and our grandchildren. May they live lives worthy of Your call. Help them to put You first so they can experience the abundant life that comes from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 2; 1 Chronicles 29; Psalms 95; 2 Thessalonians 1



No comments: