Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Be Thankful In All Circumstances


Be Thankful
In
All Circumstances
Scripture
Psalm 91
14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
    I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
    I will be with them in trouble.
    I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
    and give them my salvation.”
1 Thessalonians 5
16 Always be joyful. 
17 Never stop praying. 
18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Observation
Psalm 91 and 1 Thessalonians 5 really hit home to me this morning!
Maybe you could use a good dose of encouragement today. If so, then these two chapters written by the Great Physician if you take the a couple of minutes to read them should encourage you too.
Yesterday was one of those blah days, not that it was terrible day, but it was just a bit discouraging. God knew just what I needed this morning: “His faithful promises are my armor and protection.” Psalm 91:4b
So let us … Always be joyful. Never stop praying.  Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. And when we call on God, He will answer; He will be with us in trouble. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 & Psalm 91:15 personalized!
Application
All of God's faithful promises are my armor and my protection! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I don't know why but You delight in the details of my life. I really don't know why, but You do. And you understand exactly how I feel. You have taken such good care of me for all of my life. Don't let me doubt how You will take care of me and my family in the future. You are so good. Thank You for all of the blessings that I get to experience every single day. Even through the blah days, like yesterday, help me to trust You. Even when I can't see Your hand in what is going on, help me to trust Your heart.
I pray for those who are discouraged today. Encourage them with Your faithful promises today as they take time to read Your Word.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 1; 1 Chronicles 28; Psalm 91; 1 Thessalonians 5



No comments: