Saturday, May 19, 2018

People Ruin Their Lives By Their Own Foolishness And Then Are Angry At The Lord.


People Ruin Their Lives
By Their Own Foolishness
And Then Are Angry At The Lord.
Scripture
Proverbs 19
3 People ruin their lives by their own foolishness
    and then are angry at the Lord.
Observation
I read this morning in 1 Kings 3 that King Solomon wrote 3,000 proverbs and he wrote 1,005 songs.
This Proverb found in Proverbs 19, which I also read this morning, is oh, so very true! I would like to add another thought to Solomon's proverb and that thought is this ... that people ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the Lord, and then I would like to add, “they want to blame everybody else”.
During my 40+ years in ministry (yes I am old) as a pastor and a missionary I have had the opportunity to minister to so many people who were struggling with hurts, hang ups, and habits, and I have watched God work miracles in countless lives.
The ones who have been able to break free and walk in victory are those who have a broken and contrite heart. It is those who admit to God that they have sinned and admit to those around them that they have sinned, they are the ones who are able to walk in sobriety and those are the ones who are able to walk in victory. And those are the ones whose lives are changed and restored. And I love hearing testimonies of what God has done in their lives!
Directing the blame for your situation and directing your anger towards God or at others for your situation is only going to keep you stuck in the miserable place that you are in.
So lets quit blaming everybody else when we mess up (and all of us mess up) and lets admit it when we are wrong and lets admit it when we have been acting badly.
1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Psalm 51
The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
    You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.
Genesis 3:11b-12
Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?”
The man replied, “It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it.”
James 5:16
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
Application
I will confess my sins as I commit them and I will not blame others for my own foolishness. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it may make me feel better for a moment if I blame someone else when I mess up, but I know that it is my broken and contrite heart that pleases You. Don't let me blame anyone else when I sin, when I mess up. Help me to forgive quickly when people hurt me or sin against me. Don't let me hold a grudge. Help me to be a man of integrity. And I pray this very same prayer for anyone reading this blog. Don't let us get away with trying to blame others when we are the ones to blame!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 4,5; 2 Chronicles 2; Psalms 101; 2 Thessalonians 3 … I added Psalm 19, Psalm 39; Proverbs 19



No comments: