Saturday, May 05, 2018

Teacher, Which Is The Most Important Commandment In The Law Of Moses?


Teacher,
Which Is The Most Important Commandment
In The Law Of Moses?
Scripture
Matthew 22
36 “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”
37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’
 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
Observation
What is the Bible all about? Do you want a summary of the Bible?
Well here it is … you find it in Matthew 22:36-40!
If you and I just live out these two commandments we will be doing great! If we will just put our relationship with God first, our relationship with others second, and “me, myself, and I” last then we will live life the way God intended for us to live it.
And buddy, it is a battle to keep “me, myself, and I” in third place.
Who is first in your life? Your life and my life will never make sense until we make God, and living for Him the Number One priority!
No matter what goals we are able to reach, or how much success we are able to attain, our lives will be empty without a personal relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ!
Application
I will strive to keep God Number One in my life, you number two, and “me, myself, and I” last. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that I will be tested today with keeping these two commandments. Everyday I must put You first and others second. It is so easy for me to put myself first. It is so natural. Help me live out this day in the number 3 spot. I know that if I do keep that # 3 spot that it will make You smile!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 10; 1 Chronicles 20; Psalm 20; Matthew 22



No comments: