Saturday, May 12, 2018

In Your Strength I Can Crush An Army; With My God I Can Scale Any Wall.


In Your Strength
I Can Crush An Army;
With My God I Can Scale Any Wall.
Scripture
2 Samuel 22
30 In your strength I can crush an army;
    with my God I can scale any wall.
Observation

To be honest, there are a number of things that I can't do as well now as I could do when I was younger. And sometimes this gets to me and I have a small pity party inside … just me with me!

When King David penned 2 Samuel 22 he was no longer a young man.

In fact, a Philistine giant was about to kill King David in battle because he had become too weak and exhausted to continue to fight, and one of David's warriors had to rescue him. It was then that his fellow warriors told him that he was not going to be able to fight in battles any more.

In 2 Samuel 22 we find a song that King David sang to his God and in that song of praise we find “In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.”

What is the lesson for me this morning? What is the lesson for you?

I think it is this: When you and I are weak – our God is strong!
And His power works best in weakness!
2 Corinthians 12
7 … So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 

10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Romans 8:26
And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.
Philippians 4:13
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Application

In my God's strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall. How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I realize that it doesn't matter how strong I am when I have You at my side nothing can defeat us. You are enough. You are a Mighty God. Nothing it too hard or too big for You! You are my Rock where I find protection. You are my shield. You are the Power that saves me. You are my place of safety. You are my refuge, my Savior, and the One who saves me from violence. I will call on You Lord. You alone are worthy of praise!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 21,22,23; 1 Thessalonians 1



No comments: