Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Now That I Am Old And Gray Do Not Abandon Me, O God.


Now That I Am Old And Gray
Do Not
Abandon Me, O God.
Scripture
Psalms 71
9 And now, in my old age, don’t set me aside.
    Don’t abandon me when my strength is failing.

18 Now that I am old and gray,
    do not abandon me, O God.
Let me proclaim your power to this new generation,
    your mighty miracles to all who come after me.

Observation
Psalm 71 brings back lots of memories this morning.
Six and a half years ago my son Tim shared this Psalm with his Mom as they waited to see if I was going to live or die after my heart attack.
Kathy held on to this passage along with many others during those days when it didn't look like I would survive. And since you are reading this blog you know that God allowed me to live here on earth a little bit longer and God has given Kathy and I the opportunity to see Him work in so many lives at our church … this new generation!
Kathy and I are some of the very few older folks at our church.
Our church is all about reaching the new generation and our church's leadership is doing a very good job at that … a good job at keeping our church focused on reaching Tampa.
I have often wondered why God allowed me to have such a massive heart attack (He could have prevented it … I know that nothing touches my life without His permission) and then He allowed me to live and not die when even my surgeon and probably all of the other doctors didn't think I would survive.
Well here is one of the reasons, at least from my perspective, why God allowed me to live. I have been able to see our church revitalized, thriving and reaching this new generation for Christ.
And God has allowed me to see all of this from this side of Heaven!
God is so good!
Application
I will proclaim God's power to this new generation! How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that my life is always in Your hands. I know that my days are all numbered and I need to use my time on Earth to further Your Kingdom. Thank You for allowing me to see You bless our church. Thank You for Pastor Bruce and his leadership team for all that they do to keep us on track. Give us the “daring faith” we need to do all that You want us to accomplish as a church. Thank You for every life that has been changed. Thank You for allowing me to stay here on Earth a little longer so that I could see Your Hand at work in our church.

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 17; Psalms 71; Matthew 26



No comments: