Friday, May 25, 2018

The Free Gift Of God Is Eternal Life Through Christ Jesus Our Lord.


The
Free Gift Of God Is Eternal Life
Through Christ Jesus Our Lord.
Scripture
Romans 6
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Observation
Yesterday our oldest son Eddie Jr came over with what he called a late Mother's Day gift for his Mom.
Actually what he did was he bought a box of meat that contained hamburger patties, sausage, and hot dogs from the Amazon Treasure Truck (which I knew nothing about until yesterday … but now I am signed up!) and so really Eddie's gift is for both his Mom and Dad, since I get to enjoy all of that too!
Gifts are wonderful to receive! Who doesn't love to receive a free gift! I don't know why it is so hard for people to understand that God wants to give them, gift them, Eternal Life for free!
In fact, it is the only way we can have Eternal Life is for us to receive it as a free gift! But almost everybody I talk to thinks that they have to try to do something to earn his or her salvation … almost everybody.
Maybe you even think that way right now. Maybe you think that if you do enough good things during your lifetime, then all of those good things will outweigh all of the bad things you have done. I used to think that way. Yesterday when my son brought over his gift for his Mom his Mom could have said “no thank you” and she could have rejected her son's gift. And that would have been pretty dumb … right?
Well it is even dumber (is that even a word?) to say “no” to God when He offers us Eternal Life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ.
You and I deserve to go to Hell because that is what we have earned by our sins. God wants to gift us with Eternal Life, which like all gifts, cannot be earned or it is no longer a gift.
The million dollar question is this, “Are you going to receive God's gift of Eternal Life or are you going to reject it?” It is a choice that you and I and everyone else has to make! It is the most important decision of your life!
1 Corinthians 15:3-4
I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. 4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. 
Romans 10:9-10
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.
Romans 3:25
25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood.  ...
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
Application
I will continue to share with everyone that I can, that Jesus Christ and faith in Him, is the only way for a person to get to Heaven.
John 14:6
6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that no one can come to You unless You open up their spiritual eyes and their spiritual heart and show them that Jesus came to this earth to save them. So I pray for the person reading this prayer. Open up his or her heart and help them to believe. I pray that they will quit trying to live life leaving You out. Give them an abundant life as they place their trust in You. Help them to see that what the Bible says is true. Help them to receive the free gift of salvation today.
John 10:28
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 10,11; 2 Chronicles 9; Romans 6



No comments: