Sunday, May 20, 2018

Let Me Say First That I Thank My God Through Jesus Christ For All Of You


Let Me Say First
That I Thank My God Through Jesus Christ
For All Of You
Scripture
Romans 1
8 Let me say first that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith in him is being talked about all over the world.
Observation
Two of yesterday's big events that dominated most the most news coverage were the Royal Wedding and the winning of the Preakness horse race by a horse named Justify.
I am intrigued with a good love story, so yes, I did listen for a few minutes as bishop Michael Curry delivered his message to the bride and groom.
Mike Smith's first words after winning the Kentucky Derby and now winning the Preakness were these, “"I just want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for blessing us on this afternoon, and blessing us with this amazing horse."
Bishop Michael Curry said, “Someone once said that Jesus began the most revolutionary movement in human history. A movement grounded in the unconditional love of God for the world ...”
Have you noticed that God has a way of getting His message to shine through no matter whether it is a Royal wedding, a horse race, or a football game, God will make a way for people to be confronted with the Good News that Jesus Christ loves them and He has a plan for their lives.
As I think of these two men Rev. Michael Curry and Mike Smith and their verbal witness yesterday Romans 1:16 comes to my mind, “For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.”
Let's not be ashamed to share our faith … who knows what life, what person may be changed forever!
Application
I will share my faith boldly every chance I get. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, give me the boldness of the Apostle Paul to share my faith. Don't let me shrink back. Don't let me be afraid. Help me to live my life in a way that doesn't contradict the message of the Gospel. Thank You for the privilege of being called one of Your children. Lord, bless the person who may be reading this blog this morning. Meet the deep needs of his or her life. Show them that they can totally trust in You.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 6; 2 Chronicles 3; Psalms 97; Romans 1



No comments: