Saturday, May 26, 2018

Trust In The Lord With All Your Heart


Trust In The Lord
With
All Your Heart
Scripture
Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.
Observation
Have you memorized Proverbs 3:5-6? It has to be one of the most quoted scriptures in the Bible just behind John 3:16!
If you haven't memorized it yet then get to work … it is a great passage. Once you have it memorized then God can use it to help keep us on track.
If you happened to have read Romans 7 in your quiet time this morning like I did then you know that we need lots of help making good decisions and doing the right thing!
The old nature, that old sin nature, is always trying to take us in the wrong direction! Inside of each one of us there is a spiritual battle going on (if we are Christians) between our old and new nature.
Putting God first and trusting Him with all of our hearts is a decision that you and I must make every day.
When ever I hear about a Christian leader stepping down from his or her leadership position because of being caught in some kind of sin it always reminds me to guard my heart or I could find myself in the same bad place ... and so could you.
It is why you and I need to be in God's Word everyday!
Application
I will trust the Lord with all of my heart and I will not depend on my own understanding. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't ever let me trust in my own understanding because I mess up every time I do. This world is way to complicated and besides that I still have an old sin nature that wants to pull me in the wrong direction. So I pray for strength. Help me to be a man of integrity. Help me stay away from stupid sins that will mess up my life and mess up my relationship with You.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 1,2,3; Romans 7



No comments: