Thursday, May 24, 2018

He Who Guards Your Soul Knows You Knew


He
Who Guards Your Soul
Knows You Knew
Scripture
Proverbs 24
12 Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.”
    For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
    He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Observation
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses! Blame, Blame, Blame!
You and I can make all kinds of excuses for our bad behavior and we can blame everybody else … but He who guards our soul knows we knew.
Ultimately, you and I will have to stand before the Lord Jesus Christ and give an account for how we have lived this life. Trying to put the blame on someone else, like our spouse, a coworker, or maybe even our boss, might make us feel better for a little while, but He who guards our soul knows we knew.
I remember Kathy's Dad, Clayton Bearden, telling me, “You know when you point a finger at someone else you have three fingers pointing back at you!” I wonder if I was making an excuse for something or blaming someone else for something when he said that to me!”
I am a sinner. I am broken. And sometimes, no, many times, I mess up. I sin. And when I mess up I need to confess that mess up, I need to confess that sin to the Lord. I need to ask the Lord for forgiveness and then I need to ask the person or persons that I have hurt to forgive me too.
And I need to stop doing what I know that I should not be doing!
Lets quit making excuses and lets quit blaming others when we sin. Lets man up and as Kathy says, “Just put on your big boy pants!”
Application
God knows me and He sees me. I will not make excuses for my sin. I will not blame someone else for my bad behavior. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to not try to cover up my sin or make excuses for my sin or blame someone else when I sin. Help me to keep my sins confessed and don't let me drift away from You. I pray for those reading this blog today. Help them to do the same. Help us to be men and women of integrity. Help us to be men and women that make You smile by the way we live out our lives.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 9; 2 Chronicles 8; Psalms 136; Romans 5; Psalm 24, Psalm 124; Proverbs 24



No comments: