Sunday, May 13, 2018

We Pleaded With You, Encouraged You, And Urged You To Live Your Lives In A Way That God Would Consider Worthy


We Pleaded With You, Encouraged You, And Urged You
To Live Your Lives
In A Way That God Would Consider Worthy
Scripture
1 Thessalonians 2
12 We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that God would consider worthy. For he called you to share in his Kingdom and glory.
Observation
.
First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are Mothers on this very special day.
I have already been in the kitchen early this morning and have made brownies and have got the baked potatoes ready to bake, the squash ready to cook, the salad all ready to make, the steaks and chicken ready to grill, just as soon as I get home from church. I am married to the best Mother and wife in the world! We will celebrate with her today!
Now back to the passage in 1 Thessalonians 2:12 … this is your job description if you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is not enough just to be nice to everybody.
None of us like it when people don't like us or get mad at us, but if you are going to really try to help people then some people are not going to accept your counsel … at least not at first.
And I can understand that too. Nobody likes to be told that what they are doing is wrong.
One time, many years ago now, Kathy and I went to see a counselor to get some help with how to deal with one of our children who was then a young adult. The counselor shared with us that I was doing a lot of things wrong in how I was dealing with my child and I didn't like it one bit. But the counselor was exactly right and I made the changes and our relationship with this child greatly improved. Godly advice that hurt me to hear it, but helped me be a better Dad.
So here is our job: Plead, encourage, and urge people to live in a way that God would consider worthy … whether they want to hear it or not!
Application
I will not shrink back from what God has called me to do. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that anything that I do with the wrong attitude or motive will be destructive. Help me to be encouraging, pleading, and urging all with the right attitude so that what I say to someone will help them live in a way that You would consider worthy. Don't let me shrink back from my responsibility no matter what it cost me personally. I do want people to like me but more important I want to be faithful to the calling that You have given me as a follower of Jesus Christ.
I pray for all the women who may read this blog. Bless them Lord. Show them how valuable they are to You. For those who have recently have lost a loved one give them comfort. Thank You for giving such a great wife, who is the best Mom and Grandma to her children and grandchildren. I am blessed. You have been so good to me.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 24; 1 Chronicles 21; Psalms 30; 1 Thessalonians 2



No comments: