Tuesday, May 08, 2018

For You Are My Hiding Place


For You
Are
My Hiding Place
Scripture
Psalm 32
7 For you are my hiding place;
    you protect me from trouble.
    You surround me with songs of victory.
Observation
King David spent much of his life hiding. 
He had to hide in the wilderness, sometimes he hid from King Saul in caves, then later in life after he committed adultery with Bathsheba he had to flee and hide from his own rebellious son, Absalom! 
When we think of King David we tend to only think of the Goliath giant killer David and not the David that had to hide in caves from his enemies. I think that it was in those times of being hunted down that David learned that the only safe place for him was underneath the protection of his God. 
And it is the only safe place for me and it is the only safe place for you. 
Don't try to find safety in your wealth or your health. They both have wings and can be gone tomorrow. You and I need a safe place when trouble comes our way!
Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
    if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you;
    no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels
    to protect you wherever you go.

14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
    I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
    I will be with them in trouble.
    I will rescue and honor them.

Application
God is my hiding place. … How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that there is no safer place to be than in the center of Your will. I know that You have Angels watching over me. I can hide under the shadow of Your wings. You are my Protector. Nothing can touch me without first getting Your permission. I am Your child. You bought me with a very high price. I am precious in Your sight. You delight in every detail of my life! You are an awesome God.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 15,16; Psalms 32; Matthew 25
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: