Monday, May 21, 2018

No, A True Jew Is One Whose Heart Is Right With God.


No,
A True Jew
Is One Whose Heart Is Right With God.
Scripture
Romans 2
29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by the Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.
Observation
I meet with a group of pastors every Wednesday for lunch, prayer, and accountability. I have been meeting with these men for over 12 or 13 years.
Last week our conversation drifted to the events happening with the nation of Israel and just like belly buttons all of us have our opinions about the Middle East and how all of this fits in to God's final plan, end times, or in pastor's language, “eschatology”!
And none of us know, what we think we know, when it comes to end times stuff because God doesn't want us to know exactly how He is going to wrap everything up in the end!
So I don't want you to comment about what you think about Israel because that is not what Romans 2:29 is all about … what the Apostle Paul is talking about in this verse is not them … no, what the Apostle Paul is talking about in this verse is you … and … he is talking about me!
Is our heart right with God today?
It is way to easy for us to be critical of everybody else and point out the wickedness or weakness in everybody else. God describes the human heart in Jeremiah 17:9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?”
What I want this week is for my heart to overflow with the fruit of the Holy Spirit that is described in Galatians 5:22-23 “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Application
What I want this week is for my heart to overflow with the fruit of the Holy Spirit that is described in Galatians 5:22-23 “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! … How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to keep my focus on how You want me to live my life. It is not my job to point out all the sin in everybody else. I am broken and I am a sinner saved by Your grace. I don't deserve the life that I have. Thank You for the miracles, of lives that have been changed by You. You have given us the ministry of reconciliation. Let that ministry be my main task. Fill me, control me, with Your Holy Spirit so that people see Jesus in me.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 7; 2 Chronicles 4; Psalms 98; Romans 2



No comments: