Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Lord Detests The Sacrifice Of The Wicked, But He Delights In The Prayers Of The Upright.


The Lord Detests The Sacrifice Of The Wicked,
But
He Delights In The Prayers Of The Upright.
Scripture
Proverbs 15
8 The Lord detests the sacrifice of the wicked,
    but he delights in the prayers of the upright.
Romans 11
36 For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.
Observation
Why do we take time to pray to God?
Do we only pray because we need something … or … do we only pray when we want God to do something for us?
Hey, why do you and I even exist?
I know that those are some big thought provoking questions to hit you with today when you might have wanted to go through the day without doing a whole lot of soul searching, but … too bad!
I do want us to think about why we were able to wake up this morning, why we were able to breathe in that fresh air, and why we are able to do what we are doing right now.
God has given us another day on planet Earth … but Why?
Proverbs 15:8 says, “God delights in the prayers of the upright” and Romans 11:36 says, “Everything comes from Him and exists by His power and is intended for His glory.”
So while we still have time ... we need to do these two things:
First: We need to talk with our Heavenly Father about everything – He created us to have a personal relationship with Him. It means that our prayer life should be about everything going on in our life (not just for what we need or what we need for Him to do), but we need to talk to Him about everything because God delights in the prayers of the upright.
Second: You and I need to bring God glory. It is why we were created! It is why we should stay away from sin! We should stay away from sin because of our desire to bring God glory by the way we live. We should live each day in a way that makes God smile!
Application
I will talk to my Heavenly Father about everything because I know that He delights in me and He loves it when I take time to talk to Him. I will live today in a way that brings God glory. I know that is why I have been given the gift of life. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it is so true that You want to take care of all of our needs as our Heavenly Father, but what You really desire from me is a love relationship that a child should have with his father. I know that I was created to bring You glory and honor. It is why I exist. Help me to do that today. Help me stay away from sin. Help me to talk to You about everything. I know that You delight in every detail of my life. And I know that you delight in me when I take time to talk with You. Guide my life today. Steer me in the right direction.
Give any person reading this blog today the strength and the desire to put You first in his or her life.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 13,14,15; Romans 11



No comments: