Monday, May 07, 2018

Trust In The Lord And Do Good Take Delight In The Lord Commit Everything You Do To The Lord.


Trust In The Lord And Do Good
Take Delight In The Lord
Commit Everything You Do To The Lord.
Scripture
Psalm 37
3 Trust in the Lord and do good.
    Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you your heart’s desires.
5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
    Trust him, and he will help you.
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
    for the Lord holds them by the hand.
Observation

I heard yesterday in our Bible study class from our teachers, Orville and Linda Renner, that when we are in a crisis, when we are faced with a choice ... this is what we are to do. They said, “Do the next right thing!”

What decisions are you facing this week? Do the next right thing!

Psalm 37 is loaded with help when it comes to making decisions and doing the next right thing. “Trust in the Lord, delight in the Lord, and commit everything you do to the Lord. Then the Lord will direct our steps.” Why? ... Because the Lord delights in every detail of our lives.

Lets just do the next right thing and the Lord will be there holding us by the hand!
Application
As I start out this week I will trust, delight, and commit … and I will do the next right thing! How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, it is easy to do the wrong thing. It is easy to sin. Help me to do things that are right. Help me to trust You. I want to delight in You. Help me to commit everything I do to You. Then I know that You will direct my path and I know that You will delight in every detail of my life. And when I stumble I know that You will be there holding me by Your powerful right hand.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 13,14; Matthew 24; I added Psalm 7, Psalm 37, Proverbs 7



No comments: