Tuesday, May 29, 2018

If You Openly Declare That Jesus is Lord And Believe In Your Heart That God Raised Him From The Dead, You Will Be Saved.


If You Openly Declare That Jesus is Lord
And Believe In Your Heart That
God Raised Him From The Dead, You Will Be Saved.
Scripture
Romans 10
9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 
10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.
13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Observation

Do you believe? Do you believe that Jesus Christ is Lord? Is He Lord and Savior of your life?
I tell people all the time when I have the opportunity to talk to them about their relationship with Jesus Christ, I say to them, “One day when you come back here and declare to me that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior then I will know that you are saved!”
Thinking or hoping that one day that you are going to go to Heaven because you are a good person just doesn't cut it!
If being good enough could get us into Heaven, and could somehow earn us Eternal Life then Jesus Christ would not have had to die on a cross for our sins. Does that make sense to you?
This is what God has done for me and you:
God left Heaven and came down to this Earth and took on human form. He was born in a manger as Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, God Himself, lived 33 years on this earth and during those 33 years Jesus lived a sinless life. Something that you and I cannot do. He then allowed Himself to be arrested; He allowed Himself to be nailed to a cross, and He poured out His life blood for you and for me. He died as a perfect sacrifice for your sins and for my sins, His sinless life for our sinful lives.
We deserve to go to Hell because we are sinners. But when we place our faith and trust in what God did on the cross through the Person of Jesus Christ are sins are forgiven. God no longer counts our sins against.
Do you believe this?
I will know that you believe this when I hear you openly declare that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of your life!
Look with me at Romans 10:13 … can you put your name in the place of “everyone”?
Romans 10:13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Why not call on the name of Jesus in prayer and ask Him to be your Lord and your Savior right now?
Application
I am so thankful that I am saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ. I am a child of the King of Kings. I have been bought with a very high price, the precious blood of Jesus Christ. I declare that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for saving me and thank You for giving me such an abundant life here on Earth. I pray for any person that may be reading this blog. Help them to understand what You did for them on the cross. I don't want to go to Heaven without them. Give them spiritual understanding so that they can believe and so that they can have Eternal Life.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 10,11,12; Romans 10



No comments: