Tuesday, May 22, 2018

For No One Can Ever Be Made Right With God By Doing What The Law Commands.


For No One Can Ever Be Made Right With God
By
Doing What The Law Commands.
Scripture
20 For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.
Observation

I love going to Mission Tampa on Mondays where Kathy and I have the opportunity each week to talk to people about Jesus Christ.
Yesterday, when I asked a man, who happened to be about my age, the question, “If you were at Heaven's Gate and God were to ask you, 'Why should I let you into my Heaven', what would you say to him, this man gave me a very different kind of answer!
He said, “Well the first twenty I did my own thing and I really messed my life up; the second twenty I got my life straightened out, and this third twenty so far I am doing really good!” He then told me that he was 66 years old and it was then that I was able to understand what he was talking about when he kept talking about all of those twenty's.
I shared with him that doing good (even though I was glad that he was doing good) was not going to get him into Heaven. He sat there, and I could tell by the look in his eyes, that what I was saying was sinking in.
I shared with him about Kathy's Dad, who at the age of 67 gave his life to Jesus Christ. I challenged him and told him that it was not too late for him to put his faith and his trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Maybe you are like this man. Maybe you have decided to stop doing all of those bad things that you used to do in your youth. Or maybe you are not doing as many bad things as you used to do.
My friend, it is a good thing if you have cleaned up your life, but it is not a clean life that gets us into Heaven. The Bible says in Romans 3:22,
We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.”
Application
I will share the Good News about Jesus with everyone that I can. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for the man that I talked to yesterday. Open up his spiritual eyes. I pray for his salvation. I pray for the others that I talked to yesterday. Thank You for using the volunteers at Mission Tampa to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with so many people. Thank You for every person who volunteers each week. Bless them Lord. Continue to bless this ministry. Give our leader, Jeff Holley the strength and the wisdom to lead us. Especially bless those who work in the back,who bag all of the food that we give out to each family when they come.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 8; 2 Chronicles 5; Psalms 99; Romans 3



No comments: