Thursday, May 10, 2018

This I Know: God Is On My Side!


This
I Know:
God Is On My Side!
Scripture
Psalm 56
3 But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.
You keep track of all my sorrows.
    You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
    You have recorded each one in your book.
9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
    This I know: God is on my side!
10 I praise God for what he has promised;
    yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?
Observation
Nothing touches me ... not one thing … without first going through my Heavenly Father.
Think about that … If you have placed your faith and your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior then the same thing is true for you!
Not one thing that happens to me or that happens to you ever surprises Him. And He has allowed it!
Even when terrible things happen to us ... like … a life threatening illness like cancer or a heart attack, the death of a loved one, a financial disaster, the loss of a job, or a broken relationship, etc. etc. etc., even in the worst of times, our God promises us this: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
Now none of the things mentioned above are good but God promises that He will work even those bad things around for our good, because we love Him.
We are children of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
I recently heard Rick Warren say that there are 7,000 promises in the Bible – how many of those promises are we holding on to right now?
God is on our side! Why should we be afraid? What can mere mortals do to us?
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
Psalm 139
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
    and when I rest at home.
    You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me.
    You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too great for me to understand!
Application
I know that no matter what happens today that through it all God is on my side! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, when I look back over my life I can see that You have been with me every step of the way. And I know that You will always be with me. You have me in the Palm of Your Hand. Nothing touches my life without Your permission. Help me to trust Your heart when I cannot see Your Hand in what is going on in my life. Help anyone that may be reading this blog to do the same.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 18; Psalms 56; Matthew 27



No comments: