Thursday, May 03, 2018

Who Am I, O Sovereign Lord, And What Is My Family, That You Brought Me This Far?


Who Am I,
O Sovereign Lord,
And What Is My Family, That You Brought Me This Far?
Scripture
2 Samuel 7
18 Then King David went in and sat before the Lord and prayed,
Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? 19 And now, Sovereign Lord, in addition to everything else, you speak of giving your servant a lasting dynasty! Do you deal with everyone this way, O Sovereign Lord?
20 “What more can I say to you? You know what your servant is really like, Sovereign Lord.21 Because of your promise and according to your will, you have done all these great things and have made them known to your servant.
22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you. We have never even heard of another God like you! 
Observation
David was just a young shepherd boy when God selected him to be king.
Now David has been told by the Lord that he was not going to be allowed to build the Temple, but God then told David that He was going to make sure that King David's Dynasty lasted forever!
David was humbled. He was filled awe and overflowing with gratitude over what God had told him and this prayer was King David's response to his God.
I like David's question that he posed to God when he asked in his prayer, “Do you deal with every one this way, O Sovereign Lord?”
I don't know about you, but I feel a lot like King David did when he prayed this prayer. God has been so good to me. I don't deserve it.
And if you and I are totally honest neither one of us deserves how good God has been to us!
Remember … God knows what we are really like!
Application
I will thank my God for being so good to me! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I agree with King David when he said to you in prayer, Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?” I don't deserve all of your kindness and attention. I am blessed. You have been so good to me. I pray for anyone that may read this blog today. Help them to see how You have blessed them. Slow them down Lord so that they can stop and give You praise for all that You have done for them. Thank You for being such an awesome God.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20



No comments: