Friday, May 04, 2018

“Lord, You Have Made Sure That Children And Infants Praise You.”


Lord, You Have Made
Sure
That Children And Infants Praise You.”
Scripture
Matthew 21
14 Blind people and those who were disabled came to Jesus at the temple. There he healed them. 
15 The chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did. They also saw the children in the temple courtyard shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” But when they saw all this, they became angry.
16 “Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked him.
Yes,” replied Jesus. “Haven’t you ever read about it in Scripture? It says,
“ ‘Lord, you have made sure that children and infants
    praise you.’ ”
Observation
It is so easy for my four year old granddaughter Amelie to pray to Jesus. A lot of things get included in her prayers … including her baby dolls and anything else she happens to see while she is praying with those not so closed eyes!
Right now, it is so easy for her to believe and trust God. God has made all children that way!
It is only after growing older that sadly we begin to lose our child-like faith. Our hearts gradually begin to harden, hardened by sin and the deceitfulness of life, and doubt begins to set in about even the existence of God, especially of a God that loves us and who wants us to live in a relationship with Him.
It made the religious leaders very angry when they heard the children shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David!”
So let me ask you, “Do you have child-like faith when it comes to Jesus Christ?”
What is causing you to doubt? What is it that is holding you back?
For me, at the age of nineteen I put my trust and my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Sin and selfish living ruled my life. Oh yes, as a teenager sin dominated my life and I was on the wrong path, the path that leads to destruction. Maybe you are on that same destructive path right now!
It was at 19 years of age that someone told me about Jesus Christ and God's plan for my life. It was then I turned from a life of selfish living and sin, and in childlike faith I turned and put my trust in Jesus as my Lord and my Savior. I have never ever regretted that decision.
I am still broken. I am still a sinner. If you know me then you know that I am far from perfect. But I have surrendered my life to the One who created me and I am trying to live life today in a way that makes God smile. How about you?
How about you?
....
Matthew 18
Jesus said, “What I’m about to tell you is true. You need to change and become like little children. If you don’t, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Application
I am broken. I am a sinner. I am far from perfect. But I have surrendered my life to the One who created me, and I will try to live life today in a way that makes God smile. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to keep my heart soft enough to be touched by You. Don't let it get hardened by sin. Don't let me rebel against authority, neither Yours or those who You have placed over me. I pray for anyone reading this blog today. Give them child-like faith. Help them trust You. Show them that they can surrender their lives to You. I pray that my grandchildren will always be able to call on You and I pray that they will always trust in You with child-life faith and help their parents to do the same.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 8,9; 1 Chronicles 18,19; Matthew 21



No comments: