Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Most Important Of All, Continue To Show Deep Love For Each Other, For Love Covers A Multitude Of Sins.


Most Important Of All,
Continue To Show Deep Love For Each Other,
For Love Covers A Multitude Of Sins.
Scripture
1 Peter 4
8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
Observation
Years ago when Kathy and I first served as missionaries in Mexico I remember visiting a very small church in a small village for some special celebration that the church had invited me to.
From the street in front of the church I could see another small little Baptist church, close enough that if I had wanted to I could have thrown a small a stone and hit it. It was that close!
When I asked why there were two Baptist churches in the same tiny village, (and not to mention so close together) they explained to me that a disagreement, probably better known in their village as a knock-down-drag-out fight, had splintered the small congregation into something even smaller. Now what was left after the feud was two itsy-bitsy-teenie-weenie congregations.
And if I had time I could probably think of an example right here in Tampa where one of our churches did the same thing. It is a shame, but it shouldn't surprise us.
The Apostle Peter tells us in 1 Peter 4:8 that we must love each other deeply, and only when we love each other deeply will we be able to get along with each other and live in harmony, because love covers a multitude of sin.
We are family - we must stick together!
Can't get along with people – are you easily offended? - if that is the case, don't you dare brag about it!
It shows me this about you – you have not yet learned how to love deeply!
Application
I must love people deeply and overlook their imperfections - their sins, because I too, am a sinner.
How about you? Holding a grudge? Still need to get something right with someone? Don't wait until tomorrow. Call them or write them today – show them that you love them – give them some deep love!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, give me the ability to love the unlovely and to love anyone who has decided in his or her heart to be against me. Help me to love those who come into my life with the same deep love that You show me. I don't deserve Your love and they don't have to deserve my love for me to love them. Thank You for my family, my wife, my children, my grandchildren, and my extended family. Help me to always love them deeply no matter what. Thank You for my church family. Give me the same kind of deep love for each one of them - no matter what!
I pray for LaNan Brevik and her children today as they go through this time of loss. Give them strength. Comfort them. Thank You for allowing me the opportunity to know Jim Brevik. He was a special friend. I will see his smile and I will fellowship with him again when I am with him around Your throne!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 43,44,45; 1 Peter 4



No comments: