Sunday, July 22, 2018

God Paid A Ransom To Save You From The Empty Life


God Paid
A Ransom
To Save You From The Empty Life ...
Scripture
1 Peter 1
18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And it was not paid with mere gold or silver, which lose their value. 19 It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.
Observation
I can remember what my life was like before someone introduced me to Jesus Christ. God has a term for a life that is being lived out without Christ – empty! And “empty” perfectly describes what my life was like before I surrendered my life to Christ.
The only way that you and I can experience life to its fullest, the only way we can experience life the way God meant for it to be, is by having a personal relationship with our Creator. He created us. He wants to be our Heavenly Father. He wants to save us, He wants to rescue us from the “empty life”.
Satan wants us to believe that we can live our lives like God doesn't exist! Satan is constantly at work trying to get believers to go back to the “empty life” In 1 Peter 1:14 God warns us, “Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires.”
No amount of money we accumulate, no matter how much fame or attention we gain, no matter how successful we might be in business, none of those things can save me nor save you from the empty life; it is only by the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.
Jesus said, “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]. John 10:10
Application
I will walk in obedience with my Heavenly Father so that I can experience the abudant life that He has given me in Christ. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I can remember what it was like to live my life without having a relationship with You. I didn't like it then and I sure don't want to slip back into my old way of living. Help me to say, “no” to sin. Help me to walk in obedience.
I pray for some of my friends who think that they can continue to live in sin and it not destroy them. Open up their eyes! Show them the dangerous path that they are on. Help them to turn back to You so they can live their lives to the full, so they can experience the abundant life that was meant for them!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 36,37; Psalms 76; 1 Peter 1



No comments: