Tuesday, July 17, 2018

When Troubles Of Any Kind Come Your Way, Consider It An Opportunity For Great Joy.


When Troubles Of Any Kind
Come Your Way,
Consider It An Opportunity For Great Joy.
Scripture
James 1
2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 
3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 
4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
Observation
You and I deal with “troubles” almost every day, but do we stop and think about all of these troubles and consider these “troubles” as an opportunity for great joy?
I know that some days you and I must feel like we are in a swamp … in a swamp knee deep in alligators!
What James, the brother of Jesus, is telling us is ... there is something bigger going on behind all of these “troubles” that we are encountering.
My friend, God is at work and He is using those all of these difficult situations to help us to grow!
Maybe we need to remember that God loves us just the way we are, but He loves us way too much to let us stay just the way we are! Every single day God is chipping away at the old Eddy to make Eddy more like His Son Jesus Christ and God is doing the same thing in your life! And in my case, I don't know about yours, but at least in my case God still has a lot more work to do!
God is constantly working in our lives. He is also constantly working in the lives of those we love.
So dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of “any kind” come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy!
Application
I will do my best to put into practice James 1:2-4 this week. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to try to see the big picture when bad things happen in my life and bad things happen in the lives of those around me. I will look to Your Word for strength and for guidance. Give me wisdom to be able to live out this life in a way that pleases You.
I pray for my friends who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Comfort them, Lord. I pray for friends who are going through a difficult time right now. Walk with them through this storm. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 29,30,31; James 1



No comments: