Monday, July 15, 2019

And Let Us Run With Endurance The Race God Has Set Before Us.


And Let Us Run
With Endurance
The Race God Has Set Before Us.
Scripture
Hebrews 11
Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. 
2 Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation.
3 By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.
Hebrews 12
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. 
3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up. 
4 After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.
Observation
If you and I are followers of Jesus Christ, then like it or not we are involved in a race and that race is called a life of faith! This race is tough. It is brutal. It is a struggle. It is easy to get off track. It is easy to get sidelined. It is way too easy to get bogged down.
Hebrews 12:1 lets us know that we must strip off all the extra baggage that slows us down, especially the weight of sin that so easily trips us up!
The sins that might be messing us up and slowing us down might not be noticeable to those around us. In other words, maybe we are not doing drugs, not getting drunk, not sleeping around, but we are not doing what we know the Lord wants us to do.
It is the sin of omission.
So how do we stay actively involved in this race called “the life of faith”? How do we stay on track? Verse 2 of Hebrews 12 gives us the answer: “We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus”!
Application
I will keep my eyes on Jesus. I will make sure that I am doing all that Jesus wants me to do.
How about you? Are you in it … to win it?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy to get distracted. It is so easy to get off track. Help me to stay away from stupid sins that mess up my relationship with You. Help me to keep my eyes on Jesus! Help me to do what I know I am supposed to do.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Help them run well in this race of faith. Don't let them get bogged down or slowed down. Help them to keep their eyes on Jesus!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 22,23,24; Hebrews 12



No comments: